Thursday, February 12, 2009

From Brugge, back to Best.

I like the Lybeer hostel very much. The location is perfect, the staff that work there are very nice people. Also the breakfast they serve there guests is very good. My only complaint was that it was very cold in the room, that I was sleeping in. It was one of those nights, when you couldn't wait until morning to arrive.
The breakfast was very nice, and I also enjoyed nice company for breakfast. A nice couple from Brazil, and Ina, a very nice lady I met in Brussels. Ina is also from South America also, from Columbia.

I had a chance to go for another enjoyable stroll through Brugge. I purchased a replacement for the lost umbrella, that was on loan from Peter. I was confused where to have my final lunch in Brugge. Not a surprise. I went back to have lunch at Pasta Maria's. The food is very good there, and so are the prices. I tried there pizza. Very, very good, is an very accurate comment. I am just relaxing at the hostel. I am thinking about climbing the Belfry Tower to get some more great pictures, and video from Brugge.

Yes and I went back and completed the stroll up the 366 steps to the top of the Belfry tower in Brugge. If you have the chance to visit this town, which is like living in a history book. Doing the hike up the Belfry tower, is the right thing to do, before you leave. Being a letter carrier is the right trainering for the climb. It took me less then 10 minutes to make it to the top. I sure I do more steps on my postal route back home, during the delivery of my postal route.

When I last visited Brugge, back in 1991. I did take some pictures from the top of the Belfry tower. Since my last visit, a thick mental screen has been installed completely around the observation level. To try and prevent any mentally depressed people, from ending there lives, by jumping off the top of the tower. That is another sad reality of modern life.

I did enjoy being back at the top of Brugge. I did did also shoot some video from the top of the Belfry Tower. Also what was a real plasure for me, was watching the antique and historic mecanical symtem. That has the task of operating the bells at the top of the tower. As various times the bells play out tunes before each hour. Then on each hour the main bell, rings ounce, for each hour. It was very intersting to watch.

At 14:45 I bid my goodbye to Charlie. She is the very nice lady that works at the Lybeer Hostel, and then went on the short walk back to the Brugge Train Station. I made time to mail my last 3 post cards home; one to Keith & Sandie, one to the family, and one to my good friend Stephanie L.

I was on my way back to Best. The journey first took me from Brugge to Antwerp. Arriving at Anwerp central station. It did bring back more good memories from the 1991 trip, and the central station in Antwerp is a very impressive building. I'm sure it ranks among one of the best railroad stations in the world.

From Antwerp, Belgium. I had to change trains, and then go to Roosendaal, The Netherlands. Then at Roosendaal Station. I had to take a train in the direction of Hertogenbosch ('s). I made a minor mistake during the trip. I had the chance to verify my journey back with to Best, with the conductor, and I failed to do so. I believe that I was suppose to change trains in Tillburg, onroute back to Best. However I failed to do that. The next best option for me, was to get off at the Hertogenbosch ('s) station. I knew that I could pick up a train bound for Best, from that station. I was correct, however the mistake was going to delay my arrival back in Best, by about 15 minutes. Peter was good enough to allow me to borrow an extra cell phone, that his has. So I was able to call him, and tell him of my delay. So Peter would be there to greet me at the proper time.

All went well, Peter was waiting at the Best station on my arrival. We went back to his place. Discussed plans for this weekend. I called home, and breifly spoke to Mom. Everything happily is going well, at home. Then Peter and I set out for a very nice Chinese dinner in Best. Peter and I, enjoyed a very good Chinese, all you can eat buffet. It was an excelllent way to end, another very enjoyable day, living in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment