Friday, February 6, 2009

Living my life like a song!


To be a fan of Jimmy Buffett and his collection of "Drunk Caribbean Rock & Roll Music". You have to "A" be a lover of lyrical songs, "B" be able to associate with the lyrics of those songs. And "C" are relaxed and transported by the voice and singling style when J.B. belts them out. Jimmy Buffett's song "The Wino and I Know" will always be one of my favorites. Jimmy sings about making life in the rotten, cruel and mean world something very special. "yeah it's a strange situation, a wild occupation, just living my life, like a song!" I agree with you Jimmy, as long as I can walk around a breath, I will never stop doing it. Thanks!

Here are the lyrics to this great Jimmy Buffett tune.

The ice cream man he's a hillbilly fan,He's got seventy-eights by Hank Snow;Walks down the street, shufflin' his feet,To the rhythm that only he knows.And I've seen him in so many places,I saw him the night I was born;In a Bourbon Street bar I received my first scarFrom an old man so tattered and torn.And the Wino and I know the pains of street singin'Like the door-to-door salesman knowsthe pains of bell ringin'It's a strange situation,a wild occupation,Living my life like a song.Well the coffee is strongat the Cafe Du Monde,And the donuts are too hot to touch;But just like a fool, when thosesweet goodies cool, I ate 'til I ate way too much.Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,Be they pastries or lobsters or love;I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,In a world full of pushin' and shove.And the Wino and I know the pains of backbustin',Like the farmer knows the pain of his pick-uptruck rustin'.It's a strange situation, a wild occupation,Living my life like a song.Sweet Senorita, Won't you please come with me?Back to the island, honey, back to the sea;Back to the only place that I want to be.And the Wino and I know the joys of the ocean,Like a boy knows the joys of his milkshakein motion.It's a strange situation, a wild occupation,Living my life like a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment